About Dr. Kimberly Sogge
C.Psych., Registered Psychologist and Senior Clinician at Ottawa River Integrative
Dr. Sogge brings a wealth of educational and clinical experiences, including:
- A doctoral degree in psychology from Texas A&M University (an APA-accredited program).
- A former Chief of Psychology Professional Practice at the Royal Ottawa Health Care Group in Ottawa.
- A former Assistant Professor of Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry at the Texas A&M Health Science Center and College of Medicine.
- Over 30 years of experience in mental health and psychology, including clinical rotations in psychotherapy, neuropsychology, clinical health psychology, and child and adolescent psychology.
- Founder of Ottawa River Psychology and Ottawa River Integrative Mental Health Inc. in 2007 and nurtured its growth through the team of diverse, talented registered health care professionals.
- Fully registered with the College of Psychologists of Ontario as a doctoral level psychologist in autonomous practice (Certificate #4531) with dual registration to serve children/adolescents and adults in three specialties: clinical, counselling, and health psychology.
- A member of various professional organizations such as the Association for Contextual Behavioral Science, Canadian Psychological Association, Canadian Network for Compassion Focused Therapy, Center for Mindful Self Compassion, Climate Psychology Alliance, Contemplative Mind Foundation, Ontario College of Psychologists, Ontario Psychological Association, Ottawa Academy of Psychology, Ottawa Buddhist Society, and University of Ottawa’s Academy of Mindfulness & Contemplative Studies.
Dr. Kimberly Sogge is a registered psychologist with over 30 years of experience in mental health and psychology. She is the founder of Ottawa River Psychology and Ottawa River Integrative Mental Health Inc. and serves on its Clinical Council. Her team comprises diverse, talented registered health care professionals who share her passion for Third Wave Psychotherapies, Compassion Focused interventions, and Mindfulness Inspired clinical practice.
Approach & Philosophy
Drawing on her decades of clinical work, contemplative practice and personal development Dr. Sogge places great value on evidence-based practice, mindful awareness, .
- Mindful awareness and and embodied compassion in the therapeutic relationship, recognizing that every person’s experience is unique and deserving of understanding and respect.
The importance of evidence-based practice: using the best available research evidence to inform her clinical work.
Collaboration and partnership: Dr. Sogge has emphasized the importance of working collaboratively with clients and other professionals to achieve shared goals and to promote the best possible outcomes for clients.
Ethical and professional conduct: Dr. Sogge has expressed a commitment to upholding high standards of ethical and professional conduct in her work, including maintaining confidentiality, respecting clients’ autonomy and dignity.