One of the marks of existence, along with that seed of unsatisfactoriness that sows itself into even the most blissful […]
By Kimberly Sogge on June 3, 2018.
MAXIMUM REGISTRATION TEN STUDENTS IN FULL DAY INTENSIVE FORMAT ONE FRIDAY PER MONTH FOR FOUR MONTHS
In four intensive days over four months you will experience the full MSC program, you will learn:
* how to stop being so hard on yourself
* how to handle difficult emotions with greater ease
* how to motivate yourself with encouragement rather than criticism
* how to transform difficult relationships, both old and new
* mindfulness and self-compassion practices for home and everyday life
* the theory and research behind mindful self-compassion
* how to become your own best teacher.
MSC is evidence based: a randomized, controlled trial (RCT) demonstrated that the MSC program significantly increased self-compassion, compassion for others, mindfulness, and life satisfaction, as well as decreased depression, anxiety and stress. Improvements were linked to how much a person practiced mindfulness and self-compassion in their daily lives.
Dates & Times: NEW MONTHLY INTENSIVE FORMAT
NEW MONTHLY INTENSIVE MODULES TRAINING FORMAT for those whose schedules and bio-rythmns are not well matched to evening classes.
We will meet 9am to 4pm MONTHLY on the second Friday of each month September to December 2018.
The location for this course is the Wild Blue Mindfulness meditation room on the lower level of Ottawa River Psychology Group at 44 Hawthorne Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario
NEW REGISTRATION OPTIONS
In the Fall of 2018 the FULL MSC Curriculum will be offered via one full day of training per month for four months. You may register for one, several or all intensives in advance, or roll with your schedule and register at least one week ahead for the class you choose. MSC Graduates who want a review or intensive practice in certain MSC modules are welcome to register as well.
1. MSC SAMPLER The sampler approach is a great option if you have a busy schedule or if you are interested in MSC just for self development. For those interested in sampling the MSC curriculum for their own growth and wellbeing, there will be an option of registering for one, several or all sessions. There will be no access to workbooks, online resources, continuing education credits, certificates, insurance receipts, or dedicated student discounts with the sampler option. You can just practice for the love of life. This is great.
2. MSC PROFESSIONAL (includes CONTINUING ED/INSURANCE COVERAGE) OPTION Those who register and pay in advance for the Professional option (Four days of intensive training plus access to online course resources) will be eligible for continuing education credit and a signed receipt that may be submitted to extended health insurance for reimbursement. MSC Silent Retreat on October 14, 2018 is not included in this option.
If you wish to participate in the retreat as well as all four days of training, choose the Dedicated Student Registration Option below.
3. MSC DEDICATED STUDENT/MSC FUTURE TEACHER OPTION: Those who register and pay in advance for this option will get the four full days of training, plus the MSC silent retreat on October 14, 2018, plus all course materials, AND will receive formal certificates of completion of the full MSC curriculum signed by Dr. Kimberly Sogge CPsych Registered Psychologist and Certified MSC Teacher. Signed certificates of completion are required for those who wish to fulfill requirements for the Center for Mindful Self Compassion MSC Teacher Training, or if you wish to receive receipts for reimbursement of course costs from your extended health insurance.
4. (COMING SOON) MSC ONLINE COMMUNITY OF PRACTICE – This will be discussed in the final class in December 2018. We have a six session online mentoring/continuing practice registration option that will be opened only for those MSC Alumni who have completed the Dedicated Student/Future MSC Teacher option ( the full curriculum must be completed by either Fall 2018 or via a previous live MSC course).
5. MSC RETREAT ONLY The Mindful Self Compassion Silent Retreat on Sunday October 14, 2018 will be optional. The retreat costs extra but comes with a significant Dedicated Student discount for those who register in advance for all four Friday dates over four months.
More Information on Mindful Self Compassion Training
Dr. Kimberly Sogge CPsych offers this MSC opportunity as a Certified Teacher of MSC (see teacher qualification sequence here) trained by MSC founders Drs Kristin Neff and Christopher Germer of the Center for Mindful Self Compassion.
WHAT DOES THE “MINDFUL SELF COMPASSION TRAINING” CURRICULUM INVOLVE? (The following is quoted directly from Dr. Sogge’s training facility, the UCSD Mindfulness Based Training Institute)
The Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) program was developed by Kristin Neff, a pioneering researcher in the field of self-compassion (Self-Compassion.org) and Christopher Germer. Research has shown that self-compassion greatly enhances emotional wellbeing. It boosts happiness, reduces anxiety and depression, and can even help maintain healthy lifestyle habits such as diet and exercise.
Most of us feel compassion when a close friend is struggling. What would it be like to receive the same caring attention whenever you needed it most? All that’s required is shift in the direction of our attention—recognizing that as a human being, you, too, are a worthy recipient of compassion.
With the full MSC curriculum, you’ll learn:
A randomized, controlled trial demonstrated that the MSC program significantly increased self-compassion, compassion for others, mindfulness, and life satisfaction, as well as decreased depression, anxiety and stress. Improvements were linked to how much a person practiced mindfulness and self-compassion in their daily lives.