Introducing The Matrix! We are excited to host Benjamin Schoendorff and Marie-France Bolduc for a two day Acceptance and Commitment Therapy […]
By Kimberly Sogge on November 3, 2016.
Practice Medicine Mindfully. We have been invited to teach an 8 session Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction for Physicians course at the UOttawa Faculty of Medicine with the final sessions every Monday 5-7pm in March, 2017, Royal Room at the Ottawa Hospital.
Cultivating a regular mindfulness practice can assist physicians in reducing burnout, increasing equanimity and compassion with difficult patient scenarios, and improving teamwork and leadership skills. Medical Residents, PGME Faculty, and Program Directors at the University of Ottawa Faculty of Medicine are invited to join an 8 session mindfulness practice series based on the OASIS Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction curriculum (MBSR) developed at the University of Massachusetts School of Medicine and Dr. Jon Kabat Zinn, author of Full Castastrophe Living, Wherever You Go, There You Are and father of the contemporary North American movement integrating secular mindfulness practice into health care education, medical practice and society.
The 8 Monday night MBSR practice sessions include a full day mindfulness meditation retreat mid- course. Sessions start September 2016 and run from 5-7pm Mondays in the Royal Room at the Ottawa Hospital. Course ends April 2017.
Participation is at NO COST for those physicians eligible to participate, thanks to generous support from the Office of Post Graduate Medical Education and Department for Innovation in Medical Education.
For registration contact University of Ottawa Faculty of Medicine Department of Continuing Medical Education. Food and beverages will be provided courtesy of PGME as the practice period is over the a regular meal time.
Session dates September 12, 2016, October 10, 31, November 7, March 6, 13, 20, 27
RETREAT DATE December 10, 2016
For more information and registration contact UOttawa Faculty of Medicine Continuing Professional Development office http://www.med.uottawa.ca/cme/eng/.
More information on registration at CPD office:
To create a new account and to register to BOTH your mandatory and optional sessions, please follow these instructions:
1) Go to https://eventscpd.med.uottawa.ca/
2) Click the “Create a New Account button <https://eventscpd.med.uottawa.ca/signup>”.
3) Complete the required fields and click the “Sign up” button to create your account.
4) Log on to the system using the credentials you just created.
To register to your courses:
1) Go to the “Programs” tab and use the search box to select the required session or to browse through the list of courses.
2) To register to a specific course, click on the course title.
3) Click the “Register Now” button, then complete and submit the registration form,
4) Repeat until you have registered for all mandatory and optional courses.